Thursday, January 22, 2009

Forlorn Junkie

Yes, it has been that busy.
My Creative player has died on me... along with my 3000++ songs on it. It took me a month to organise and categorise the songs only for it to last no longer than a year later. Tsk. So now I'm stuck with my Samsung T-10 and I'm already bored with the songs!? I've currently 4 albums on it:
  • Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends by Coldplay
  • 808s and Heartbreak by Kanye West
  • Fast Times at Barrington High by The Academy Is
  • Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette

I got very easily bored with Coldplay's. It took 2 years and it is far more complicated than their previous 3, I have to admit, but I found it the least appealing album. It didn't make me feel; it felt very disjointed emotionally as if there was no soul in any of the songs.

Kanye's album didn't stick with me until my 3rd / 4th listening. A couple of his songs used the auto-tune device, which I personally do not mind but it's his lyrics that stood out. There was no fancy/showy rhymes or sick beats, just pure heart and soul.

I cannot get bored of the latest album by The Academy Is! It is leaps and bounds better than the first 2. You can tell that they have grown as a band and that in the first 2 albums they were experimenting with a sound and style to suit them. They have found it. This isn't bias-ness, but I do love EVERY single track on the album.

I needed a new sound but the only album I had on my computer at home was Alanis'. The album is sheer genius, don't get me wrong but I feel so outdated when it comes to music now. I have no clue about what is up and coming and what is hip. Just don't ask me to listen to teen-boppers or RnB - I do not care for either.

My current predicament depresses me.

0 comments: