Thursday, September 03, 2009

Someone's Looking Out For Me

Chuan Shen visited today :) I'm glad he's taken a keen interest in religion; it's really put him in the right path and he has changed for the better.


After checking out the hall for this Sat's Family Day, I planned to head home and snooze but when CS and Yi Rong dropped by, I decided to hang with them for a wee bit. Little did I know that they decided to call up Avery and Ivan as well. How could I resist not meeting my darlings ;)

So what planned to be a short appearance turned out to be a full 6 hours (4pm - 10pm) hang with Them Boys. Man, time flies when you're having fun. Cliches do have some truth in them after all. It was freaking awesome reminiscing with them and hearing their stories. They've grown up so much - so matured and far-sighted and not forgetting so dashing too. They've really turned into such fine young gentlemen. Speaking of which, the one thing I am thankful for about this place is Them Boys. They've made my stay here bearable and seeing them twice in one week have been the highlight of my week. True story.

Coincidentally, I received a letter that I wrote to myself during a Teachers' Conference some months ago. Before you think I've lost it... we were told to write a note to ourselves, including bits of what we've learnt / seen / heard / shared at the conference. They told us that some time near Teachers' Day, they'd mail the note to us. Here's what I wrote to my future self:

Dearest Parveen,

I want you to remember that Teachers are full of themselves. They say much but act very little. Remember this so that you will not be like them. Remember that you are approachable, kind and compassionate. These are good values to have. Never ever let anyone tell you to change who you are. You can make a difference. You have inspired and you will continue to inspire. Believe in yourself.

Love, Parveen

I swear, this could not have come at a better time. Just when I was on the verge of quitting, Them Boys paid a visit and lifted up my spirits, reminding me why I love my job so much and then to receive this letter... it further reinforces that reminder. Coincidence? I think not.

0 comments: