Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Customer from Hell

I finally managed to find the time to visit City Square Mall today. It is huge! It took me approximately under 3 hours to cover every level and about every retail outlet they have. I didn't need to enter any food outlets and I barred myself from entering any shoe outlets. I don't need to explain further for the latter. On a side note, I bought these killer white heels (2 pairs, thus "these") from DMK and they are fabulous! How fabulous, you ask? Bless you to those who asked and to those who didn't, a big PPPFFFTTT to you. They are so fabulous that you can pair them with practically anything and they still can jazz up the outfit. My favourite is of course, a short dress, full black leggings and the heels. I feel empowered with the heels. Sigh. The number to SAA (Shoe Addicts Anonymous), anyone?

New shopping mall and all I bought was one blouse. Everything else was just bland. Who shops at Giordano anymore? The prices at Metro are crazy even with the member card, so I just waltzed through the 3 levels. The one store that I got the blouse from... now, the sales assistant was just trying to get me to buy everything from the store. I was alone so I didn't have any back-up. I like shopping alone, not because I don't have any friends, but I find it to be more efficient and I actually spend less. Plus, shopping alone allows me to really look at the clothes on display. That is a tad impossible to do when you're out with your friends. You'd be chatting with your friends and not glancing into the stores as much, thus possibly missing out on great deals. My point is that I like to shop alone.

As I was making my purchase, she proceeds to throw on the counter the inner piece of the blouse (which comes at a separate charge) and I immediately told her that I have a similar one at home (I of course, do not) and she looks at me bewildered. Her colleague comes along, they have a discussion and I hear something like
she doesn't want to buy this... you talk to her... so she tries to convince me that the inner piece is the latest design, very sell-able, it's the last one left blah blah blah... I tell her that I've a similar piece and she's smarter than the other one, she calls my bluff. Oh, you have one? Is it the same length? I'm sure yours is shorter.

This broad is not giving up. I wanted to flee so badly. I felt so cornered. I just shook my head and waved my hand away, probably expecting to use mind control on her. Then they try to get me to purchase another dress in a similar style and they kindly provided a few belts that would go
really nicely with the tops. Again, I tried to Jedi mind trick them. Their minds were not weak enough. I did manage to eventually leave the store with my one purchase though. But not without the dejected looks on their faces. This time, walking away, I didn't feel any guilt at all. I am a hardcore shopper.

0 comments: