Sunday, May 09, 2010

I Need Courage

I had a good talk with Aqil and Iggy just now. For some strange reason, I decided to check my inbox in my cell phone and I came across Faqih's text messages. That got to me. I miss him terribly and reading how sorry he felt and how sincere his apologies were, made me wish that I wasn't such a conceited bitch. Yes, I am finally admitting to it. In my defense, he was wrong and he should not have treated me so badly. But I believe he learnt his lesson and his apologies were in fact, sincere. He did call and play me Everlong and I sobbed like a child after that. He was learning the song to play on my birthday but we had our tiff so the private performance was put off indefinitely. But he insisted on playing it for me, just after my birthday and I still didn't accept his apology.

Wow. Re-telling the story really puts me in a bad light. But recently, I have had this overwhelming urge to reconcile with him and the advice given by Aqil and Iggy earlier has given me the courage I need. It's his birthday on Tuesday and I shall wish him well. I really hope he responds. Any response will do but a positive one would be fantastic. Gosh. I am quivering as I type this - I hate rejection.

I hope I didn't screw up badly and I also hope that we can put aside our differences and be friends again. That, and I should really get some sleep.

0 comments: