Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another Week Has Gone By

I find that I am having difficulty differentiating the days. Everyday feels like the same day to me now. Considering I am not doing anything different; it's the same thing, day in and day out.

The oddest thing is that although I am just teaching P1 this year, I find myself more exhausted than I have ever been! And it's only Term 1. On top of the mental exhaustion, I seem to be leaving school much later. Without fail, I leave the school after 5. That's dreadful! Once, I think 2 weeks ago, twice in the same week, I left the school after 6:30 pm. Now that's insane. Don't read me wrong, it's not the marking that's holding me back. Believe me, P1 marking is almost non-existent. I'm staying back for my other teacher duties. You know the kinds of outside-the-classroom-duties that the people up there throw at you for you to do on top of your normal teaching load. Yea, well, this year I have tons of them.

I listed all of them down and it startled me greatly. Where the bloody hell am I going to find the bloody time to do them all? I mean, I can forego sleeping, eating, spending time with the family and sleeping... yea, I'm sure that would give me just a wee bit more time to accomplish my tasks.
Please note the sarcasm.

This is driving me crazy. I'm trying to squeeze time out from thin air! I sleep less, I go out even lesser and I've not met Them Boys Deux for about a week and a half and I feel absolutely guilty for ditching them like that. To make things worse, some of them are giving me shit for it which is not helping the guilt at all. I am going crazy.

I resorted to retail therapy. I bought 3 pairs of shoes at Charles and Keith. The purchase totalled up to slightly over $90 but it was only when I reached home when I realised what a steal I got the shoes for. The total price would have amounted to $195 but there's a sale going on so... I saved approximately $100. That certainly put a smile on my face!

It's amazing really. With the financial crisis going on, one would think that we would be strict with how we spend our dough, but I literally had to elbow women out of the way, in C&K, to move about in the store. Like today, I took my aunt and uncle (they're flying off next week) and my mum out for lunch and when it was around one in the afternoon, the crowd poured in! Almost every restaurant we walked by, including the one we were in, was packed inside and had a queue outside. So much for budgets and financial planning.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I am seriously contemplating getting a new laptop. But that would take a considerable chunk out of my savings. Hmmm... it is a necessity, since I do intend to start school again this year. Yes, it took me this long to decide that I need to, how do they say it... further my studies... gah.

Well, I hope things are much rosier on your end. I have to get back to reality now. Enjoy whatever's left of the weekend.

0 comments: