Saturday, May 23, 2009

I Have A New Favourite Song

And it is loads better than Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. I have to thank Donnie Darko though. The soundtrack is brilliant, giving the movie a very psychedelic feel. The movie transported me to this different world, I almost felt like I was Donnie and could believe the reality which he created for himself. Hmmm... that made me sound psychotic. See, he sees this huge bunny that somehow convinces him to commit all these crimes; vandalism etc. You would think he had lost it - it's not even a cute bunny; it was a disfigured bunny. Something from your nightmare. The hook in the movie is his obsession with time travel and how that concept made the movie elliptical. Man, I so badly want to own the movie and the soundtrack. Plus, Jake Gyllenhal is absolutely delicious. There, that proves my fatal attraction to the twisted characters.

Back to the song, Tears for Fears'
Head Over Heels. I've listened to it religiously everyday and I literally am lost in the song. It's so 80's sounding and when you listen to it, you will probably find it familiar. Only because SO many recent songs out there have similar melodies. Pirates. Tsk. A good example is that song from Music and Lyrics, what is it... Way Back Into Love... similar melody and that's why the song is so catchy.

Just realised this further proves how old school I am... hahaha...

0 comments: