Friday, December 10, 2010

A Quick Note on How Awesome I Am

So the Band teacher ICs requested for my help to emcee their Band event. I was not their first choice, not that that matters to me. They had asked a few other teachers but they were too busy. Then they asked me and I could not resist the chance to help out at a school event, especially since it was an emcee-ing task! Albeit it being last minute, and a night event, I penned it down into my planner.

I was already busy that Friday (10/12) with CCA from 9-11am and lunch with friends. By the time I returned to school, it was close to 4pm and time to get down to business. No script was prepared for me, well at least not a proper script. I had the programme and the sequence of events and a detailed briefing by the band teachers of what was to happen for each item.

I studiously sat down and wrote my script for the next 2 hours. I had a quick dinner, changed and prepped myself for the night. I was excited! Boy, was I excited. I love being on stage and addressing an audience, for whatever the reason or occasion.

Not to be too full of myself but I rocked it. Considering there was no rehearsal, I did a pretty darn good job. Best moment of the night? I mispronounced "percussion" twice! I read it as per-kar-sern. Yea. Not once, but twice. At the end of the event, I ended off with, "Thank you parents for gracing this occasion with your presence. On a more personal note, thank you for bearing with my while I butchered the word "percussion". Have a lovely evening and happy holidays." I kept my cool and that is professionalism.

The post emcee-ing was pretty awesome as well. I managed to spend time with the P6s. We goofed around etc... I will surely miss them.

0 comments: