Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Time

Now that my colleagues (not all) are aware of my transfer, they have made it a point to speak to me. I'm not saying that prior to it they hardly spoke to me, but it was always work related and small talk most of the time. But recently I've noticed that they literally stop what they're doing and they talk to me. Not chat but talk. I know it's the hols and all, but I've CCA and packing of my table and admin shit to clear and I'm not the only one, so I do happen to bump into my colleagues now and again.

That's always the case though isn't it? Only when you know that someone will no longer be part of your life, do you then try to find the time to spend as much time as you can with them. It's human nature, it's one of our many big flaws.

Sadly, only because of the news of my posting have I had the time to spend time with some of my colleagues where before I could not find the time to. I'm glad that I finally did manage to spend time with them, be it a chat, talk or lunch / dinner get together. That got me thinking, how quickly time passes you by and you get caught up with work and everything else which I find less important, that you forget to find the time to spend it with the people around you.

I promise to make time for my friends, new and old.

0 comments: